Water Heater Installation Considerations
Posted on October 31, 2016 by admin in plumbing
Water heater installation is essential if you expect customers and employees alike to be kept comfortable on your commercial property. If you are a North Shore business owner, commercial water heating in Boston is an absolute must in order for it to become a success. A property like a restaurant wouldn’t be that much of a success if it did not have a reliable water heating source, for example. Even if you don’t own a restaurant, you cannot deny installing a water heater is important. If you own an apartment complex, you have residents who are dependent on hot water for everyday purposes like showering and washing dishes. However, though hot water is a necessity for a home or business, you need to make sure you are installing the right type of water heating system. When you’re already looking to make money the last thing you want is a water heater costing you too much on bills or can’t meet anyone’s hot water needs. It’s easy to purchase the nearest water heater you can, but that type of impulsive decision-making can lead you down a path of significant money loss and more stress than you anticipated.
Why Should You Call Cranney Companies for a Water Heater Installation?
When you’re in doubt about what water heater would be perfect for your property, please call Cranney Companies today. Our team of commercial plumbers will ensure your hot water needs are met, both for customers and employees. We want to see your business succeed and once you work with us, you’re guaranteed to have a water heater that will bring you one step further. Before any installation work begins, we work with business owners to ensure they’re installing the right water heater and will inspect the property to determine the best area of installation. Thanks to our help, you will have a long-lasting, highly-efficient water heater that will ensure you won’t have to go through the trouble of installing another one for a long time to come. With hot water needs all met, especially before this winter gets underway, you can focus on making your business truly the best in town.
What Types of Water Heating Are Available?
There’s more than one type of water heating on the market today, and it’s important to assess what type will be more likely to give what you seek. Here are some of the most common options:
- Conventional Water Heating: You know this one already. It’s got a tank and probably the most popular water heater type for both commercial and residential properties. The average cost of a water heater today holding 40 to 50 gallons of water is around $889.
- Tankless Water Heating: Not feeling the tank? Then you don’t have to deal with it and instead install a tankless water heater. Though they boast a higher installation cost compared to conventional models, a tankless water heater features incredible energy efficiency and a lifespan up to 20 years.
- Tankless Coil Water Heating: It gets mighty cold in the North Shore during the winter. You could even argue the North Shore is famous for it. With that in mind, tankless water heating is perfect for colder climates. They are able to heat up water without a tank, as they use a coil installed in a heating system.
- Solar Water Heating: Solar energy is becoming quite popular with homeowners, as it uses less fuel to heat up water and reduces carbon footprints. They reduce the chance of emitting any gases proving harmful to both your home and the environment, reducing water heating costs by half.
4 Factors to Consider Before Water Heater Installation
Even if you do choose the right type of water heating for your property, there are still some other areas of consideration you need to think about before making your purchase, including:
- Energy Efficiency: Having a steady flow of hot water is great, but how much is it saving you on energy bills? You need to consider both effectiveness and efficiency. You may have hot water for all purposes, but you may still be dissatisfied due to high costs. Replacing it with a modern unit will significantly improve its efficiency.
- Fuel Type: The most common fuel types used with water heaters include gas, electricity, propane and solar. Assessing what fuel type you need comes in handy when you are seeking water heater replacement. For example, if you currently own an electric water heater costing you way too much on energy bills, you may want to switch to a gas water heater instead, which is better known for its energy efficiency.
- Hot Water Needs: Who is this water heater benefiting and why? If you have a lot of customers and employees, you need water heater that will be able to handle all sorts of needs. A small water heater wouldn’t be sufficient in this situation. The same will be true if you own an apartment complex hosting several residents.
- Cost: Don’t just settle for a water heater because it’s the most cost-efficient system available. That does not automatically mean it will offer the best performance. You may still wind up dealing with constant headache of water heating breakdowns. You may even spend more on energy bills. Before you get a water heater costing you too much on plumbing maintenance, you may just a throw a few hundred dollars more at a water heater guaranteeing better long-term performance.
Don’t Let Cold Water Sneak Up On You – Schedule A Water Heater Installation Today
Contact Cranney Companies today if you want to learn more on how to get hot water for your property thanks to our water heater installation!